3 tips to make your healthcare recruiting easier
The healthcare industry is one of the few industries that is both stable and growing. Healthcare jobs are projected to grow by 13 per cent from 2021 to 2031 which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
With the ever-growing demand for healthcare services, the need for qualified healthcare professionals is also on the rise. At the same time, finding qualified specialists such as rheumatologists, vascular surgeons, nurse practitioners, and radiologists is challenging. In many cases, healthcare positions remain unfilled for months together, impacting the quality of care.
We have a few tips for you to help you streamline your healthcare recruiting.
Tips to make healthcare recruitment easier
By following these tips, you will be able to find the best candidates for your healthcare organization.
Define your ideal candidate
The first step in making healthcare recruitment easier is to take the time to clearly define your ideal candidate. What skills and experience are absolutely essential for the role? What type of personality do you think would be a good fit for your team? By being clear about your requirements from the outset, you’ll be able to save time by ruling out candidates who don’t meet your criteria.
Use a mix of strategies to reach the right candidates
Use a variety of channels to reach as many potential candidates as possible, including online job boards, social media, and print media. Here are some strategies to find qualified candidates:
- Healthcare trade shows and conferences can be excellent places to network and meet potential candidates.
- Many colleges and universities have programs specifically for healthcare students. By partnering with these schools, you can get your job postings in front of qualified candidates who may not be actively looking for a job but would be open to the right opportunity.
- Ask your current employees for referrals. Many companies offer employee referral programs that give monetary rewards for successful referrals, so this can be a win-win for both you and your employees.
Partner with professional search and selection services
There are many benefits of using search and selection services that focus on executive recruiting for the healthcare industry.
- Access to a large pool of candidates. Recruitment agencies that specialize in healthcare recruitment and executive search have access to a large pool of potential candidates. This means that you will have a greater chance of finding the right executive for your healthcare facility.
- Cost-effective. Agencies that offer retained search solutions can help to save you time and money. With retained search solutions, your recruitment needs take a higher priority when compared to commission-based placements increasing the chances of finding the best candidate for the position.
- Improved retention rates. By helping you hire the right fit for the role, professional search and selection services providers can help to improve retention rates.
Get in touch with us for executive search solutions
If you’re looking for a reputed healthcare recruitment partner, get in touch with us at Arango & Associates. We specialize in placing qualified candidates in a variety of healthcare roles, from doctors and nurses to support staff and administrators.
We understand that finding the right qualified candidate can be a challenge, which is why we take the time to get to know your requirements before we find the best talent.